Interested in creating what healthcare should be? We are looking for you. . .
FORTE is a new groundbreaking model and collaborative approach to healthcare and wellbeing.
We are seeking a dynamic, passionate, and skilled Medical Assistant who will enjoy and embrace a collaborative and energetic team environment with an exceptionally skilled team of clinicians.
The Medical Assistant should be a self-starter, who has energy and enthusiasm for being part of a team to support all patient care and communication functions. Forte’s approach is evidence-based, supportive and patient-focused. We are focused on providing outstanding service and support to our clinicians and patients so they may reach and sustain our goals.
FORTE is seeking a Medical Assistant to join our growing team in the Phoenix/South Scottsdale, AZ area. This is a full-time Monday-Friday position.
This opportunity blends clinical and administrative functions. The successful candidate will be responsible for organizing and supporting multi-disciplinary providers, scheduling appointments, interfacing with patients with outstanding customer care, managing information flow (faxes, referrals, medication prior authorizations, and the medical record), and participating in the multi-disciplinary care of our patients. This is a dream position for someone who believes in a comprehensive and holistic approach to good health and well-being and wants to work within a multi-disciplinary care model focused on helping people achieve their health goals.
Must have a passion for patient care and the ultimate patient experience, team-oriented, excellent communication skills, be detail-oriented and highly organized. Must be process-oriented and possess problem-solving skills.
- Scheduling and coordinating patient appointments
- Organizing patient flow, accompanying patients to exam/procedure room, assist patients with coordination of services within the multi-disciplinary team
- Explains procedures and test results using language appropriate to patient’s level of understanding guided by department protocols or clinician instructions
- Serves as an advocate and liaison between patients, staff, clinicians, and external individuals by sharing necessary information to ensure continuity of care.
- Prepare patients for examination, treatment, record vitals, and record patients’ health history in the medical record.
- Assist clinician with medical treatments, procedures, and exams
- Orders tests and assists the clinician in communicating results according to department protocol or as ordered by clinician; Reports abnormal findings, patient complaints, or concerns to clinicians or supervisor when appropriate.
- Triage, prioritize, resolve, and complete calls or messages as assigned
- Communicate with patients regarding order status
- Accurately document all patient conversations in the EMR, PM and/or service ticket
- Provides education materials, communicates clinician advice/instructions to patient
- Provide consistent and accurate documentation of patient information and concerns in the EMR according to the guidelines provided in the Documentation Policy and as otherwise instructed
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers
- Process medication refill requests
- Maintain and understand clinician protocols for workflows and duties
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Other duties as required to ensure the success of our patients, our staff, and our clinicians
- 2-3 years MA experience in primary care or related medical experience required
- Familiarity with medical procedures and phlebotomy
- Medical Assistant Certificate preferred
- Completion of an accredited medical assistance certification program preferred
- Prior experience with scheduling, navigating EMR/PM systems, documenting, customer service, and patient communication preferred